Beyond the Powers || An Axis Powers Hetalia RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Beyond the Powers || An Axis Powers Hetalia RP

An Axis Powers Hetalia Historical and Alternate Universe Role Play

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Koreas, China, Japan, Russia, Philippines and Others: What To Do About North Korean Defectors?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Nguyen Thanh Ha/Vietnam
Độc lập - Tự do - Hạnh phúc
Độc lập - Tự do - Hạnh phúc
Nguyen Thanh Ha/Vietnam

The Koreas, China, Japan, Russia, Philippines and Others: What To Do About North Korean Defectors? Empty
PostSubject: The Koreas, China, Japan, Russia, Philippines and Others: What To Do About North Korean Defectors?   The Koreas, China, Japan, Russia, Philippines and Others: What To Do About North Korean Defectors? EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 5:32 pm

So, after the Korean war, there were individuals that have defected from North Korea because of idealogical, political and economic reasons. Now, since they usually left to China before going to a third 'safe land' to stay away from. Now, some countries that the defectors go to are:
China, Japan, Mongolia, the Philippines, Russia, South Korea, Thailand, the United States of America, and Vietnam. Now, it's interesting how some countries are dealing with the defectors (like how Chinese government doesn't grant them refugee status and force them back, or how the South Korean government is supportive of them and gave them fairly good care packages).
This is actually a post for people who want to role play that out. It doesn't necessarily mean that all the countries have to be involved in one post, y'know? But it's kinda interesting on how some government take it... But if you're interested in actually reading up on some of it, here's a Wikipedia link. Just a thought floating around for the countries involved with the issue, since it's pretty amazing how some countries have pretty good relations with both North Korea (like Mongolia and Vietnam), but they still help out the refugees to flee to South Korea (though I should add—being her role player—that Vietnam did it in the background, going under "an unidentified country" in most reports). But like I said before, just throwing it out there... Would anyone be interested?
Back to top Go down

The Koreas, China, Japan, Russia, Philippines and Others: What To Do About North Korean Defectors? Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Koreas, China, Japan, Russia, Philippines and Others: What To Do About North Korean Defectors?   The Koreas, China, Japan, Russia, Philippines and Others: What To Do About North Korean Defectors? EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 6:55 pm

Hm, I would be interested, considering that China's position on the whole North Korea issue is very... interesting, especially in lieu of the recent torpedo incident regarding South Korea. China notably stopped short of condemning North Korea for the attack, but at the same time, there were news reports that China was considering thinking over its allies.

It's a very delicate balancing game for China, to be on the fence so, playing the neutral card. (Though staying neutral is probably the wisest choice, despite pressure from South Korea and the US.) Balancing the interests of the country itself (since letting North Korea fall would ensure a democratic government on the entire peninsula loyal to the U.S. which China most assuredly would not like), and yet, placating North Korea, so as to safeguard the rest of the world and prevent North Korea from lashing out...it's a dangerous game. In addition, the last thing China wants is an influx of refugees-the population of China is large enough- and China already provides North Korea with the most aid of any country if I remember right.

I am not sure how you would want to RP it though, should it be something akin to that of a 'world meeting' sort of thing?
Back to top Go down
Im Dae-Hyun/North Korea
오캄의 면도날
오캄의 면도날
Im Dae-Hyun/North Korea

PostSubject: Re: The Koreas, China, Japan, Russia, Philippines and Others: What To Do About North Korean Defectors?   The Koreas, China, Japan, Russia, Philippines and Others: What To Do About North Korean Defectors? EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 4:05 am

It's an interesting idea and I'm all for it, but I'm wondering how we would go about it at this point lacking a good chunk of the nations involved.

As far as my NK is concerned, he has a bit of a split personality regarding his leaders, but I'm not sure how I would be able to work that in just yet. What sort of setting did you have in mind? The China above me was asking the same thing, would it be like a world meeting thing or physically helping refugees cross borders?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Koreas, China, Japan, Russia, Philippines and Others: What To Do About North Korean Defectors?   The Koreas, China, Japan, Russia, Philippines and Others: What To Do About North Korean Defectors? Empty

Back to top Go down

The Koreas, China, Japan, Russia, Philippines and Others: What To Do About North Korean Defectors?
Page 1 of 1